Repairing Microsoft Office
Sometimes when things go bad with Microsoft Office the thing to do is run a repair installation. So here's a quick primer on how to run a repair install.
In this example we're going to repair Office 2010 running on Windows 7. The process for Office 2007 is essentially the same and it's basically the same on Vista too. Versions of Office older than 2007 will work too - but you may have to provide the installation source (CD? Network location?) for those. Office 2007 and 2010 copy their installer files to your C: drive during the initial setup so you shouldn't need the install source in order to repair them.
O.K., let's get started...
1. Go to Control Panel. Click the Start Menu and you should see Control Panel listed.
2. Click "Uninstall a Program". For some of you you may need to click "Add/Remove Programs"
3. Select Microsoft Office [whatever version you have].
4. Click "Change".
5. The Office Setup Wizard will start and one of the options listed will be "Repair". Select that and click Continue...
6. Just let it finish and that's all you need!