OneNote is a powerful platform for taking notes on presentations.
Tip of the Moment
Did you know that you can start PowerPoint in Safe Mode by holding down CTRL as you click the icon? But don't bother...it doesn't actually do anything.
Here are some useful resources for lawyers to use for more information on Microsoft PowerPoint
- LegalPPT - A site by PowerPoint MVP Geeteh Bajaj with templates and tutorials on using PowerPoint in the law.
- Microsoft's Official PowerPoint site: The official Microsoft PowerPoint site. Includes articles, tutorials and other references.
- Microsoft PowerPoint FAQ: Good site with information, tips and tutorials on both the Windows and Mac versions of PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint Tips Blog - Hosted by PowerPoint MVP Ellen Finkelstein
Microsoft offers a nice collection of free support forums for Microsoft PowerPoint. You can post questions, read answers or even answer some questions yourself if you like. They're free and easy and just a click away.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Forums - For all released versions of PowerPoint (i.e. everything but PowerPoint 2010)
- PowerPoint 2010 - For the PowerPoint 2010 Beta version
How to Ask a Question: When posting a question to a newsgroup please be sure to indicate what software you're using, what version of the software you're using, what SPECIFICALLY you are trying to do and what happens when you try to do that (especially any error messages you may be receiving). It is also helpful if you tell us what you have already tried in an effort to fix it so that we don't waste time telling you to try things you've already attempted.
Microsoft has free support newsgroups available for nearly every product they make. In these newsgroups you can read questions and answers that other people have posted for the product or you can post your own questions and get answers from the other posters.
NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) is the traditional way of accessing newsgroups. The traditional Microsoft program for NNTP is Outlook Express though in Vista this has been upgraded and renamed to "Windows Mail".
Click the links below to open the Microsoft PowerPoint newsgroups in your NNTP reader:
Since NNTP is a tad esoteric Microsoft has introduced a web interface for their support newsgroups. These are the same newsgroups you get via NNTP, just in a web browser.
Click the links below to open the Microsoft PowerPoint newsgroups in your web browser: