We get a lot of requests on how to migrate from Evernote to Microsoft OneNote. This article from w-To Geek suggests a free third-party tool that can do it. Read more...
Useful article from Macworld on getting the most out of OneNote for iPad. Did we mention it's free? Read more...
Audio recording Comes to OneNote for Mac!
The Mac client for Microsoft OneNote was released about a year ago and it has gradually gained features that are popular in the Windows version. Now Microsoft has updated the Mac version to include audio recording capability. This allows you to record (assuming you legally can in your jurisdiction) a meeting, phone call or even just record notes to yourself via audio if you like.
For more on this feature here's the article over at Microsoft's Office Blogs.
An article from our friends over at OneNote-Tips on sharing your notebooks with your team via SharePoint. Read More...
My new book "OneNote in One Hour" is now available from the American Bar Association!
In this book I'll introduce you to the tool you might already have (and not realize it) and show you how you can use it to be better organized, take better notes and share information and research with your firm or practice group.
Give it a look and I think you'll find OneNote to be one of the valuable tools in your software kit.
And for those of you who prefer to read on your iPad, iPhone or other iBook client, it's now available as an eBook as well! Click here to get it from the iTunes store.
How To Use Templates in Microsoft OneNote
An article over at OneNote-Tips.com that talks about using Templates in OneNote. Read More...
Using Microsoft OneNote Side Notes
Wish you had a quick place to dash out quick notes or ideas? Running out of the backs of envelopes and grocery receipts? OneNote to the rescue. Read more...
If you like this page, how about giving us a "+1" (right-hand column)? Thanks!
One of the powerful features of OneNote that was introduced with OneNote 2007 is the ability to create hyperlinks not only to web content but to other notes and pages within OneNote. This article from OneNote-Tips.com shows you how. Read more...
OneNote Web App
Q: How do I move sections or pages between notebooks in the OneNote Web App?
A: You can't. That's a limitation of the web app. You can copy/paste individual note containers, but not sections or pages. If you have the full version of OneNote installed on your computer you can move the sections/pages in that and those changes will be reflected next time you open the web app.
- OneNote for iPhone
- Troubleshooting OneNote (NEW!)
- OneNote and Outlook Together - A Marriage Made in Redmond! (Updated!)
- OneNote Q&A - Popular questions and answers about Microsoft OneNote.
- Using Microsoft OneNote to do legal research online
- How Can I Print the Rule Lines in OneNote?
- How Can I Delete the Offline Cache File in OneNote 2007?
Tip of the Moment
Want to use Firefox and OneNote together? There's no native "Send to OneNote" button in Firefox but there IS an add-on you can use to add that capability to Firefox. Clip to OneNote 2.2
Here are some useful resources for lawyers to use for more information on Microsoft OneNote
- OneNote-Tips.com - A growing young site with tips and tricks for Microsoft OneNote.
- Office 2007 Service Pack 1 - Click here to download it from Microsoft
- Add-ins and PowerToys for Microsoft OneNote
- Using Napkin Math in OneNote - from Jeff Cardon's blog
- 2009 Calendar Templates for OneNote - Handy free templates if you want to use OneNote for planning.
Yes! Ben Schorr is available to give you and your firm OneNote training. Either on-site or remote - Ben can do customized training sessions for small groups or large (or 1 on 1) at reasonable rates. For more information e-mail him at email@example.com or call (808) 782-6306.
- OneNote 2003 Frequently Asked Questions - From FactPlace.com a list of questions and answers for Microsoft OneNote 2003.
- The Official Microsoft OneNote 2007 Site - Microsoft's official site for Microsoft OneNote. Includes articles, resources, and tips.
- "Attorneys, Better Serve Your Clients Using OneNote 2003" - A free webcast from Microsoft. Features OneNote 2003 but most of the concepts relate to 2007 as well.
- OneNote-Tips.com - a little rough but promising...
Microsoft offers a nice collection of free support forums for Microsoft OneNote. You can post questions, read answers or even answer some questions yourself if you like. They're free and easy and just a click away.
- OneNote 2003 & 2007 - For all released versions of OneNote (i.e. everything but OneNote 2010)
- OneNote 2010 - For the OneNote 2010 Beta version
How to Ask a Question: When posting a question to a newsgroup please be sure to indicate what software you're using, what version of the software you're using, what SPECIFICALLY you are trying to do and what happens when you try to do that (especially any error messages you may be receiving). It is also helpful if you tell us what you have already tried in an effort to fix it so that we don't waste time telling you to try things you've already attempted.
What's an MVP?
An MVP or "Most Valuable Professional" is a volunteer who has been recognized by Microsoft as an expert on a particular technology. You'll commonly find them in the Microsoft Support Newsgroups, but they can sometimes be found in other forums or lists. They can be very helpful but keep in mind that they are only volunteers providing assistance in their spare time.
Last Updated: 09/26/2015