Using the Keyboard in Excel
If you're a fast typist, like I am, you probably resent having to take your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse. Here are a few nifty keyboard shortcuts for Excel to help you solve that problem and be more efficient.
You already know about CTRL+C (Copy), CTRL+X (Cut) and CTRL+V (Paste) I'm sure. You probably know that CTRL+Z is undo, CTRL+S is save, CTRL+P is print and CTRL+F is find. But did you know...
- CTRL+A will select all of the cells on your worksheet?
- CTRL+Home will take you back to the top left corner of your worksheet?
- CTRL+SHIFT+HOME will select all of the cells from your current cell to the top left cell.
- CTRL+END will take you to the last used cell in your range?
- CTRL+SHIFT+END will select all of the cells from your current cell to the last used cell in the range?
- CTRL+Spacebar will select the current column?
- SHIFT+Spacebar will select the current row?
- CTRL+PageUp/PageDown will change to the previous/next worksheet in your workbook?
- CTRL+; will insert the current date
- CTRL+F3 will let you name your range
There are a lot more great keyboard tricks for Excel too. What are your favorites?