* Microsoft has shipped Office 2007 Service Pack 3 and it does include a few fixes and enhancements for Excel 2007. Read more...
NOTE: IF you install the Office 2007 SP3 you will also want to go and install the October update for Excel 2007 which fixes a hyperlink issue that occurs as a result of the August update (which is unfortunately included in Office 2007 SP3). So AFTER you install SP3, you'll want to install the October update which you can find here.
* Microsoft has updated the Excel Web App so that you can now merge and autofit cells and you can print directly from the Excel web app in the browser. You also now have right-click menus in the web app for things like cut, copy and paste. These are a few oft-requested features to be certain.
One of the skills you really need to have to be good at Excel is the ability to reference other cells or ranges of cells, even if they're on other worksheets or in other workbooks. Here's how to do it. Read more...
Hate to take your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse? Here are some keyboard shortcuts to help solve that problem! Read more...
Microsoft Excel 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has shipped Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 and it contains 52 bug fixes and updates for Excel. To see a summary of some of the most important updates...read more...
Tip of the Moment
If your arrow keys are scrolling your worksheet up and down, instead of moving from cell to cell, it most likely means your Scroll Lock is on. Press the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard to turn it off.
- Excel 2010 Preview - a look at the upcoming version of Microsoft Excel (NEW)
- Excel Q&A - Frequently asked questions about Microsoft Excel.
October 26th, 2011
Microsoft ships Office 2007 Service Pack 3
April 14th, 2010
Office 2010 is on pace to be released in June of 2010.
Here are some useful resources for lawyers to use for more information on Microsoft Excel
Microsoft offers a nice collection of free support forums for Microsoft Excel. You can post questions, read answers or even answer some questions yourself if you like. They're free and easy and just a click away.
- Microsoft Excel Forums - For all released versions of Excel (including Excel 2010)
How to Ask a Question: When posting a question to a newsgroup please be sure to indicate what software you're using, what version of the software you're using, what SPECIFICALLY you are trying to do and what happens when you try to do that (especially any error messages you may be receiving). It is also helpful if you tell us what you have already tried in an effort to fix it so that we don't waste time telling you to try things you've already attempted.
Last Updated: 01/12/2013